...because everything is funny when it's happening to someone else!


Sunday, May 29, 2011

Memorial Day

I don't have anything powerful or witty to say about Memorial Day.  I wanted to post a video of the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington.  When I searched online, I found several videos made by tourists of this incredibly moving ceremony.  But I also found videos of the guards having to reprimand idiotic people laughing during what should be a solemn service.  One asshole even jumped the barrier and had to be dealt with.  I wanted to find a video that would honor and celebrate our fallen soldiers, but I ended up watching videos that made me want to punch people in the face.

So, here's a link to an old Fox News story on the guards at the Tomb.  It's well worth a few minutes of your life.  The life you owe in some way or another to the soldiers some jackasses would mock.

The American military.  Respect it or get the hell away from me.



0 comments:

Post a Comment